Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 February 2016

Hitler's tunnel - Stepina , South East Poland

21st February 2016

Stepina is a small village about 25km from my summer place I was there a few years ago but I don't take any photos. In my opinion it is really interesting place to visit again. I am going to visit it this summer because it is famous for Hitler's tunnel Now watch the video.
 
 
Tunnel build on the surface to hide Hitler's train...build in 10 months ( 1940-41), 382 meters long
over 8 meters high and over 14 meters wide...impressive

8 comments:

  1. Impressive indeed.
    Which begs another question! How come no reconnaissance Allied aircraft missed seeing rail lines just disappearing into an above ground bunker for a train??
    Similar to the obvious rail lines into Auschwitz???

    Should be very interesting to visit, Gosia.
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin the tunel is a masterpiece I was once there

      Delete
  2. Historical site with many stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi, we never heard of this. Interesting, but creepy inside.
    Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't afraid insects so I love walking there

      Delete
  4. an interesting bit of history

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom Polish history is interesting and complicated

      Delete