Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 December 2014

The oldest photography in my family

30th December 2014

On 20th December my aunt passed away so after her funeral service I was segregating her old documents. And I was so surprised when I found the black and white photography. It turned out it is a photo of my grandfather George - American born in 1900. The photo presents siblings of my grandad. His elder brother and sister. As I know his sister passed away in the USA as a little girl but I don't know her name and where is her grave but I am sure in Pennsylvania where she was born and grew up. His elder brother died in Poland.


My grandfather is on the left. In the middle there is his brother. 


The photo was taken in 1902 in Coatesville in Pennsylvania. As I have found it is a small city.
So it is the next step to my sentimental  journey to the homeland of my grandfather and one more place to visit.




15 comments:

  1. It seems like you should do more research and then plan a holiday to the United States to view some personal history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, you are right . I must do more research. And I am going to write a book about my family history but now I am gathering files which is not simple because it was a long time ago ...But I hope so I will do it

      Delete
  2. Such a precious photo to have of your grandfather's family. It's fun researching family, I think. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia I believe I will finish all succesfully. And then it is going to be the overseas journey

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful find for you, and sorry you have lost your aunt. I have friends who spend many hours and travels in search of ancestry. I know most of mine dating back many years into Germany, and that's enough for me. Good luck in your search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda it is very important to know about our roots because we enrich ourselves

      Delete
  4. How neat to find such an old photograph! It's a family treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandfather was born in 2014?!!! I'm sure this must be a typo :))! Lovely pic btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is a typo of course my grandfather was born in 1900. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  6. Oh, that photo is so wonderful! It is so important to have labeled family photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my dear friend labelling photos is the most important for next generations

      Delete
  7. Dear Felicia one day I am going to ask you about cheap hotels and transportation. I will appear in the homeland of my grandfather for sure.

    ReplyDelete